Shopping habits today are wildly different from those of a few years ago. And the recent lockdowns have – of course – also contributed to this change. As a result, the digital transformation has accelerated and therefore, the number of mobile purchases within the retail industry has also skyrocketed. Mobile apps are ideal for displaying products and serving customers in a convenient manner. However, some apps rank much better than others.
While one app may offer a great customer experience and easily engage customers, many other apps struggle to maintain their DAU (Daily Active Users) and MAU (Monthly Active Users). So how can you ensure the app you’re putting out there is up to par? Keep reading and find out…
The benefits of a mobile app
Most retailers have a website and/or a mobile app where you can shop and purchase their items. This also includes various online marketplaces such as Amazon. As the number of mobile app users continues to increase, the criticality of using your app as an additional sales channel, or even as your primary sales channel increases with it.
We have seen an increase in the use of shopping apps for years, but the 45% revenue growth of retailers this past year shows that apps are now really established,”Berry de Kort, CEO JMango360 (App Developer)
Here are four reasons why the mobile app continues to gain ground in the retail market:
1. You can use a mobile app wherever and whenever you want. Everyone takes their mobile with them everywhere.
2. A mobile app does not load files from the Internet, so it is safer for users and can be used offline.
3. You can easily link other apps and functionalities to your mobile app.
4. You can send push notifications to customers from your mobile app.
The success factors of a mobile app
In addition to practical benefits, mobile apps also offer commercially attractive opportunities:
- Personalisation Nowadays, at least 77% of consumers expect to see products and offers that apply to him / her personally. In short, personalisation of the customer experience is key.
- Loyalty program. Discounts only apply to customers with an account.
- Rapidly changing offer and feeling of scarcity.Customers regularly open the app to view the offer.
- 24/7 service. A virtual assistant enables you to speak to and help customers at all times.
Now that it is clear why a mobile app guarantees more sales for retailers, you definitely don’t want to ‘drop the ball’ when it comes to your own app. So how do you ensure that your mobile app improves and enriches the CX (customer experience)? Start collecting in-app feedback today and really get to know your customers!
COLLECT CUSTOMER FEEDBACK
Start collecting in-app feedback today and really get to know your customers!
Have you made CX a priority yet?
With a good customer journey and experience you can create a stronger connection with your customers and prevent them from turning to the competitor. In fact, 1 in 3 customers say they would buy elsewhere after only one bad experience. In short, the customer experience is receiving more and more attention and not only from the marketers. Fortunately, teams such as product development and customer service are also increasingly working together towards this goal.
These four tips form the basis of a successful customer experience:
1. Customer experience strategy. Without a clear and substantiated plan you won’t get anywhere, nor will you receive support from other departments/teams within your company.
2. Personas. Segment your customers, know who they are and what their needs are.
3. Customer feedback. Collect in-app feedback and ask customers about their experiences.
4. Follow-up. Ensure proper follow-up of the collected feedback and let customers know what you are doing with their input.
Now for the sake of this article, let’s focus on the last two points (customer feedback and follow up). Why? Because that’s what we’re good at. With Mopinion feedback you can collect, analyse and manage your feedback via your digital channels including your mobile app, website or email campaigns.
Example of collecting in-app feedback
Improve your mobile app with customer feedback
Now that you don’t see customers walking through your store in person as much, it can be more difficult to estimate what a customer thinks or how they experience your brand. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to gain insight into this.
Take advantage of the following benefits of mobile feedback:
- Identify bugs and problems in real time
- Prevent shopping cart abandonment
- Offer the right onboarding for a long-term relationship
- Prioritise and test new features
Do you want to measure other metrics such as the customer satisfaction of your mobile app? Then be sure to read this article. In addition to the most common mistakes made by retailers, we also explain how you can best tackle these hurdles.
Looking for more information about the technical side of collecting mobile feedback? Then check out this post on how to collect in-app feedback via an SDK or API.
Time to go mobile!
As you can see there’s a large group of untapped potential customers out there – if you have a mobile app in place. So if you haven’t already, it’s time to dive into the world of mobile and start catering to your customers on their smartphones. And once you’re up and running, don’t forget to continuously monitor how your users are interacting with your app. Paying attention to user engagement will play a major role in the success of your app – and brand!
Did you find this article interesting? be sure to keep an eye out on our blog for more interesting articles on the mobile experience and digital trends of 2021.
Ready to see Mopinion in action?
Want to learn more about Mopinion’s all-in-1 user feedback platform? Don’t be shy and take our software for a spin! Do you prefer it a bit more personal? Just book a demo. One of our feedback pro’s will guide you through the software and answer any questions you may have.