Event-driven feedback is online user feedback collected using triggers based on visitor behavior. It is essentially a way of capturing the customer’s views on their experience while the experience is still fresh in their minds. For example, if a customer motions to exit the website, navigates to a new page, fills in a form, or arrives at a “Thank You” page. Event-driven feedback, part of event-driven marketing, helps automate interactions with customers. With this feedback, customer journeys can be assessed more closely.
Event-driven: A recent trend in the market
In recent years, contact with the customer has shifted from “campaign-driven” to “event-driven”. The old communication model (sender to receiver) has disappeared. Nowadays companies are entering into a dialogue with their customers.
- Collect unlimited feedback
- Free 14 day trial
An important part of this dialogue is the use of event-driven marketing, and therefore the use of event-driven feedback forms. Without the deployment of event-driven feedback forms, it is difficult to understand the actions of customers at any given moment. Although event-driven marketing has been around since 1996, it is being used by very few companies. And that’s a shame, because without event-driven feedback, a lot of important customer information is lost.
Ways to trigger event-driven feedback forms
There are a variety of different triggers that can be used to initiate a feedback form, including:
- Location trigger (URL): This is used, for example, when a customer visits a specific URL. Either based on the URL change or certain keywords in the URL, a feedback form can be initiated.
- Exit intent trigger: This is used when it is made known that the visitor intends to leave the website. For example, they move the cursor towards browser control features, such as the close button or URL bar. The great thing about this type of trigger is visitors who were initially going to leave your website can turn into potential leads. It’s also often used to obtain insights into shopping cart abandonment.
- Click path: This is essentially the tracking of the steps your users take to reach a specific objective on your website. And not only is this different URLs but also clicks on particular page elements. By tracking this movement, you can trigger feedback forms accordingly.
- Percentage of visitors: Select the percentage of users you’d like to display a feedback form for. For example, during setup you can arrange it so that just 40% of your visitors are prompted to fill in a feedback form.
- Cookie: When a user visits your website, a cookie can be placed on the computer, for example when he puts a product in his shopping cart. This places the visitor into a specific group and enables companies to target their visitors more specifically with relevant feedback questions.
- Mouse movement: This is used when you want to determine exactly what the visitor is doing on your website, including which buttons they are clicking on the most.
- Scroll: A feedback form is initiated when the visitor has scrolled to a certain page section. Depending on how it is set up, this can be half way down the page, ¾ down the page or completely at the end of the page.
- Time on page: If the visitor doesn’t do anything for a while on the page (in other words, they’re idle), you can choose to trigger a feedback form after X amount of time (30 seconds, 1 minute, etc) on the page.
- Form Submission: When a visitor submits a form on your website, a feedback form can be triggered afterwards.
By combining these different types of triggers, you can assess customer journeys without being intrusive and focus on the visitors that matter most to your company. Want to learn more about Mopinion’s all-in-1 user feedback platform? Don’t be shy and take our software for a spin! Do you prefer it a bit more personal? Just book a demo. One of our feedback pro’s will guide you through the software and answer any questions you may have.
Curious how you can put these event-driven feedback triggers to practice in your customer feedback program?
START YOUR FREE TRIAL TODAY!
Want to learn more about Mopinion’s all-in-1 user feedback platform? Don’t be shy and take our software for a spin! Do you prefer it a bit more personal? Just book a demo. One of our feedback pro’s will guide you through the software and answer any questions you may have.